Cisco solutions are essential to connecting and securing modern IT environments. IoT, OT, IoMT, and other connected devices are increasingly found in these environments and can range from coffee makers and cameras to medical resonance imaging (MRI) scanners and manufacturing robots. These new devices enable new levels of automation and efficiency but also present new challenges for security.
Challenges Securing Connected Devices
Benefits of Ordr with Cisco
Ordr’s deep integrations across the Cisco portfolio adds visibility and insights needed to manage and secure the wide range of connected devices in today’s environments. With Ordr and Cisco you will:
- Passively discover and classify all devices – Ordr analyzes network traffic to discover and classify every connected device and maintain an accurate, up-to-date catalog without the need for agents, scanning, or impact to mission critical devices.
- Gain granular device visibility – Ordr uses deep packet inspection, API integrations, and application decoding techniques to identify, classify, and provide granular context for all connected devices.
- Identify vulnerabilities and risks – Ordr integrates with vulnerability databases and threat intelligence feeds to identify devices with CVEs/vulnerabilities and risks. An integrated intrusion detection engine inspects East-West traffic for exploits and active threats. Risk scores are generated for every device and flow.
- Map and baseline device behavior – Ordr analyzes device communications to create a baseline of normal device behavior and to identify devices behaving anomalously.
- Accelerate segmentation projects – Ordr provides essential insights including device context and behavior to automate segmentation policies, accelerate Zero Trust projects, and improve security for connected devices.
Ordr Integrations with Cisco Products
Cisco Catalyst 9000: The Ordr Sensor for the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches leverages dedicated application hosting capabilities of the Catalyst 9000 to extend Ordr and simplify deployments in campus, branch offices and other remote locations. The Ordr sensor collects network traffic directly from the Catalyst switch and provides high-fidelity visibility into all connected devices including device risk, network connectivity, device performance, and device behavior. Ordr insights help simplify and accelerate the creation of segmentation policies for enforcement with Cisco ISE. Ordr can be deployed directly on each Catalyst switch or at scale to tens or hundreds of switches using Cisco DNA Center.
Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE): Ordr integrates with Cisco ISE to simplify and accelerate software defined microsegmentation for IoT, OT, IoMT, and other connected devices. Ordr automatically discovers every connected device and provides high-fidelity classification with granular context essential to microsegmentation policy creation. Ordr insights are used to dynamically generate Cisco ISE segmentation policies for proactive protection. Ordr’s rule-based threat containment capabilities are used to generate Cisco ISE policies and stop active threats.
Cisco Meraki: Ordr integrates with Cisco Meraki to enable visibility of all IoT, OT, IoMT, and other connected devices. By analyzing data from Meraki Systems Manager, Ordr passively discovers connected devices and provides a central view of every device with high-fidelity details including device risk, communications, and active threats. Ordr can automate proactive segmentation policies which can be enforced with Cisco ISE to stop the spread of an attack and improve connected device security.
Cisco DNA Center: Integration enables Ordr to seamlessly learn the details of network devices managed by DNA Center as well as passively monitor SDA fabrics. Device location and network connectivity details are also continuously updated in Ordr with details from DNA Center. In addition, Ordr leverages DNA Center to enable scalable provisioning of the Ordr Sensor for the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches.
Cisco Prime Infrastructure: Ordr integrates with Cisco Prime Infrastructure to learn connected device details such as physical location, device name, and various network details. Ordr combines these details with other granular insights to ensure every discovered endpoint is accurately mapped to its current network location and properly secured.
Cisco TrustSec and Software-Defined Access (SDA): Ordr complements Cisco TrustSec and Cisco SDA by simplifying policy creation and accelerating the integration of connected devices with the Cisco SDA fabric. Ordr automates discovery and classification for all connected devices and provides rich contextual data to aid advanced policy modeling, group-based policy creation, and policy matrix provisioning to meet business policy requirements.
Ordr Integrations with Cisco Solutions
Cisco Healthcare: Ordr integrates with Cisco to discover and secure every IoT, IoMT, OT, and other connected devices in healthcare environments. Ordr provides healthcare IT teams with accurate and detailed information to discover, map, identify, and secure all connected devices. Ordr insights are used to dynamically generate Cisco ISE Zero Trust segmentation policies for threat mitigation and proactive protection.
Cisco IoT: Ordr integrates with Cisco to enable comprehensive visibility and security of every IoT device. Ordr automates discovery, provides granular classification, uncovers vulnerabilities, and monitors communications to identify potentially compromised devices. Ordr insights are critical to understanding device context and help to simplify and accelerate Zero Trust segmentation policy creation to improve security.